Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Regarding Various Evil Cats and Deadly Illnesses

A week or two ago, I was assigned my first project for my Art class, which was to draw a skeleton of a cartoon character. In addition to it being my first Art project, it was also the first Art project in which I contracted a sickness during the time it was due. It was a harrowing and gruesome plague; I ended up eating my own leg and crawling down the road, making abhorrent attempts at a dolphin noise at all the irritated drivers that stopped around me.

I struggled through those long, painful days of groggily wondering what the plural of esophagus was and what it would be like to have a third eye on your hand, barely making it out alive. And in celebration of my survival, and the one week anniversary of this post being due, I present to you my first blog post, first completed art project, and the first art project I finished while I was sick; ladies and gentlemen: Ebeneezer the cat!

(Disclaimer: Note that the use of the phrase "one week anniversary" is fallacious. The prefix "anni-" in "anniversary" means "year", also seen in words like "annual", the Latin "anno", and similarly in the Spanish "año" therefore using the word "anniversary" to describe anything other than a celebration of something that happened on a past year's corresponding date is an oxymoron. Such speech should not be used without the supervision of a professional bad speaker, or else one could risk prosecution by vocabulary elitists.)


There he is, the evil mastermind half of the cartoon "Two Lumps". I noticed about half way through that his skeleton was a bit realistic and I could have chosen something more interesting to draw the skeleton of. I vaguely remember pondering on the thought of doing the Pixar lamp. Alas, I figured that would have probably been cheating, and frankly, in my sick daze of dolphin noises and esophagi, I couldn't be bothered. Of course I blame my own cat anyway, who was watching over me sternly as I drew.

Other than that, however, I think he turned out great. It's hard to judge - seeing as I do not draw skeletons terribly often - how good I think this ranks among my other drawings, but I think I would give it 5/5 esophagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment